Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thing #15 Overall delicious...but a little too spicy

While searching through Delicious, I learned several things. One...we have to be careful when we examine what others have bookmarked. For example, I searched "American Literature" and found Librivox, which is a place that has free audio books. This was kind of cool, so I decided to see what else this member (who shall remain anonymous) had listed for her tags. When I followed the link to member, I found that she had some adult sites under her tags. As an adult myself, I have enough sense to figure out, based on the titles of her tags, that I don't want to go to her special places. I, also, learned that the Delicious members have a variety of tastes and hobbies, and because of this, it's not always safe to search through their listings.

The best part of Delicious is that I can save my favorite bookmarked/saved search results into a place that I can access from anywhere. Too often, I've found a cool site at home and then been at school and unable to locate it. Delicious will definitely save some time.

I've saved my Delicious account under my alter-id Soccermom24. I successfully added a study guide to the sandbox delicious tab, but when I tried to add two others, I had no luck. I triple-checked my tags and the spellings to make sure that I did them correctly, but still, only my first "shared" "misd23things" appeared in the sandbox. Who knows?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why, but I don't think all my tags showed up in the sandbox either. But then, I haven't been able to put my voki in there (which still annoys me). Have you wondered why the delicious users would make public their "special places" for lack of a better term? I realize the anonymity and stuff, but it does seem weird. I'm not sure I would share certain sites, like the bookmark I had about the radio in my truck. Why would anyone else need it or be interested in it?

    ReplyDelete