Friday, October 30, 2009

#17 Hear me, hear me...

For some reason, I keep putting this assignment off -- partly because I'm just tired -- partly because every time I tried to look, or rather listen to, a podcast, I lost interest within a few minutes. Unfortunately, I'm a visual kind of gal. And I like for things to be efficient. Every podcast I visited didn't really get into the heart of the lesson for several seconds. I know several seconds doesn't sound like much, but I just didn't appreciate the start-up music, the lead-in introductions, and the other little things that occur before the actual information. I like brevity... please, just get to the point. I know this is hard to believe when you read some of my previous blogs. But it's true.

I visited the Skip the Tuition podcast, only to leave when the audio was scratchy and sounded as if the microphone was at the back of a large auditorium and the speaker was at the front. I did like Just Vocabulary and The Grammar Girl. The vocabulary podcast has SAT words with both visual and audio and their definitions, synonyms, antonyms, and sentence examples. The Grammar gal has quick tips for confusing grammar. I'm not sure what to do with these except perhaps add them as links on my future elearn. Perhaps, the students will have to somehow demonstrate their mastery of the vocabulary words and grammar tips of the week -- maybe in a blog or wiki.

I guess that's it for now.

1 comment: