Friday, October 30, 2009

#18 Watch this!

Youtube rocks!!! I've always loved it. I have learned how to string a guitar, adjust a satellite dish, and tie a tie. For the visual learner, this is the place to go.

I'm going to be honest with all of my devoted readers and admit that this video is something that I've used in the classroom. It contains cool clips of various Westerns. I just love the soundtrack that plays along with it. I use this with my English III class as we discuss Western archetypes.

The Western




After cheating a little and using an old clip, I decided to do some actual discovery. So I searched for a video that I could use when we examine the Harlem Renaissance -- another one of my favorites. I wanted a montage, so to speak, of music, art, and literature as that is how we approach the unit. I found something pretty close to what I'd make on my own if I had the time.

The Harlem Renaissance



Finally, teachertube didn't offer as many, useful videos for Harlem, but I did find a concept map that connects literature to the time period. From the blurry images, it looks as if the individual creating this map uses the Imagination program; however, because of the poor quality of the video, it's hard to decipher the information and organization of the graphic. I could use something like this, but I'd rather have a document than a video or at least be able to read the document.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Paul and I have fixed everything from our JEEP to my stupid laptop thanks to YouTube! It's also a great source for "The idiot deserve to break his neck!" videos (some of my personal favorite). Joss Weland (the guy who invented Buffy the Vampire Slayer) even created an online mini-series staring the Doogie Houser/How I Met Your Mother guy (I'm drawing a blank at the moment) - wait! - Neil Patrick Harris. It's called Dr. something, a musical about a mad scientist trying to take over the world. I believe it was originally aired on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete