Friday, November 13, 2009

Thing #23 Classroom 2.0 - Oh, no!

Well...hmmm... Like with so many of the other things, I was once again a little reluctant to do this activity. I opened the Classroom 2.0 website, only to close it. Open, close...open, close. I did this several times today -- once this morning, twice at school, and again when I got home. Blakester witnessed my struggle as I mumbled several times, "I don't want to do this. I don't want to do this." I just didn't know where to start. I'm a simple gal and like simplicity -- I know I've said this before, but I had to remind you all. I found the site overwhelming, days and days of information; we can scroll down forever and still not get to the end.

I got home from school, and my hubby had a nice dinner ready and then, a warm, delicious cup of coffee. So, I felt prepared to dive into the Classroom 2.0 pool. With a little patience, I discovered Interesting Ways. It lists several interesting ways to do tech stuff in the classroom. I stumbled across a few more cool websites to add to my to-do list, as if I needed more technology to-dos. Wallwisher is an online notice board. I made a sample wall, something that I could use for Romeo and Juliet. I'm thinking that I could post a discussion question, and then the students could discuss by posting cyber-sticky-notes. It's kind of cool.

On Interesting Ways, there are suggestions on how to use Wordle, Video cameras, GoogleDocs, and the list goes on and on.

I've learned through this entire experience that I have to be in the right frame of mind to learn. When I'm tired, overwhelmed, and busy, I'm just not that open to new information.

No comments:

Post a Comment